New student registration is handled at each school site. Registration packets should be obtained and submitted to individual school sites (not the District Office).
Registration packets for the 2022-23 school year will be accepted at school sites beginning February 28, 2022 through June 3, 2022. Following summer break, school offices will reopen to the public, and registration packets can be obtained and submitted to school sites Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. The first day of school will be August 15, 2022.
Additionally we have two learning options that provide parents the choice to keep their student at home while enrolled in school.
- MyDL Academy (Distance Learning) option (where instruction is provided by an FSD teacher on Zoom) for students in grades TK-8th grade; please click here for more information
- MyFSD Academy homeschool option (Where parents provide the primary instructions) for students currently in grades TK-8th; please click here for more information.
- You may contact 714-447-2862 with any questions.
Please read the information below for an overview of the new student registration process.
* * * * * * * *
For parents and guardians new to Fullerton School District, welcome! Fullerton School District's motto is "Great Schools - Successful Kids" and we welcome the opportunity to provide an innovative, high-quality educational program for all students.
In order to register your child in school, it is important to determine which school is the school-of-residence based on your residence address. Please visit the School Locator by clicking here
. Enter your residence address, check to make sure the house icon is located correctly on the map, and click on the "Click Here" to confirm the location and determine the school-of-residence for your address. If the icon is not correctly placed on the map, you can drag and drop it at the correct location, and the school-of-residence for your residence address will be displayed.
Once you determine your school-of-residence, you can register your child by taking the needed documentation to the school office. Please make sure to take the following documents with you:
- Proof of birth date - please bring one of the following:
- Original of certificated copy of the birth record or statement by the local register or county recorder certifying the date of birth
- Birth certificate affidavit form, in lieu of birth certificate, to verify the pupil's legal name and age. (Note: This form can be obtained and completed at the front office of any of FSD's 20 school sites)
- Baptism certificate (showing birthdate)
- Proof of residence (must provide 3 forms). In accordance with California Education Code section 48204.1, the following documents may be accepted for establishing residency:
- Property tax payment receipts
- Rental property contract, lease, or payment receipts
- Utility service contract, statement, or payment receipts
- Pay stubs
- Voter registration
- Correspondence from a government agency
- Declaration of residency executed by the parent for legal guardian of a pupil to show all of the items of documentation listed above
- Nothing in this section shall be construed to require a parent or legal guardian of a pupil to show all of the items of documentation listed above
- Current immunization record - Please check with your child's doctor or visit ShotsForSchool.org/K-12 if you would like more information on what is required.
- ***If your child has a physical or mental impairment that requires special meal accommodations, please select the Medical Statement Form (available here in English, Korean and Spanish), have your child's medical professional complete the form, and then turn it into the school office.
- ***If your child requires a prescribed and/or over-the-counter medication during normal school hours, a separate Medication Administration form must be filled out (one for each medication) and signed by the parent/legal guardian and the child's physician. If needed, the forms are available here in English, Korean and Spanish.
Once the steps listed above are complete, your child will be registered to attend school. School office staff will provide information on completing AIR, the online Annual Information Review required every school year for every student. The process can be completed using current generation smartphones, tablets, iPads, or computers. If you do not have any of these available to you, iPads are available to use in the school office, on a first-come, first-served basis. Computers are also available to use in public libraries.
If you already pre-registered for the upcoming school year, a few weeks prior to the start of the school year you will be notified on how to complete the required AIR process. Please make sure the school has your current email address and mailing address as the contact information on file with the school will be used to notify you.
Although not a complete list, important information you will need to know or have with you to complete the process is:
- At least one valid email address for a parent/guardian of the child(ren) being registered. If you don't have an email account, information on setting up a Gmail account is listed below.**
- Complete street address where the child(ren) reside, and complete mailing address if different than residence address
- Legal names (as shown on a legal form of identification, such as a valid driver's license), addresses and phone numbers for the parents/guardians of the child(ren) you are registering
- If applicable, please bring the original court order, with the official seal, for any restraining or custody orders, Ward of the Court, etc. that pertain to the child(ren) being registered. (School office personnel will make a copy.)
- Employer name, business address and phone number for all parents/guardians of the child(ren) being registered
- Legal names, addresses, contact numbers for at least three emergency contacts
- Legal name, address and phone number of a long-distance/out-of-area disaster contact that can be contacted in the event of a disaster or emergency (such as an earthquake)
- Name and phone number of before/after school care provider(s) (if applicable)
- Names and addresses of schools previously attended by your child
- Any allergies (food or non-food), medical, vision or hearing conditions, other health issues, syndromes, or orthopedic issues in regards to the child(ren) being registered
- Name, phone number, and city of your child's physician
- Name and policy number of child's health insurance (if applicable)
- Name and dosage of any medication your child takes regularly (if applicable)
**Setting up an email account is easy. To see directions on setting up a Google email account (Gmail), click here.
Once you have received the access information in the email from the school registrar, click on the hyperlink in the email to create your account and start the AIR process. If you need to save and log back in later, you can access your account by clicking on the language of choice below and then click on "Continue Your Work" on the right-hand side.