Special Notices to Parents and Students
Important Events and Dates
- October 24th-28th ~ Red Ribbon Week
- October 28th - Pumpkin Lab Day! 8:30 AM - 12:35 PM
Every year we do a hands-on lab with pumpkins. This year we are continuing the tradition but need 8 pumpkins per class for our experiment. If you could donate a pumpkin, please let us know. Pumpkins can be dropped off the week of October 21st.
- October 29th - OC United Pumpkin Run ($15 for FSD families)
- Every Wednesday is College Colors Day!
- Every Friday is Green Day - wear our school spirit wear and/or green and white!
Weekly Piping Award Winners
8/26 - Gavin P.
9/2 - Jaxon P.
9/9 - Emma K.
9/23 - Christian L.
10/7 - Delilah J.
10/14 - Ana C.
10/21 - Reid M.
11/4 - Rhys K.
Character Trait for September = Responsibility
- August: RESPECT -
- September: RESPONSIBILITY -
- October: SAFETY -
- November: UPSTANDER -
- December: PERSEVERANCE
- January: ADAPTABILITY
- February: FAIRNESS
- March: COMPASSION -
- April: HONESTY -
- May: IMAGINATION & CURIOSITY
Recommended Supply List
- Inexpensive earbuds (wired or wireless)
- Three Ring Binder (Max 1 - 2 inches)
- (1) Pack of college-ruled paper
- (1) Small pencil bag
- Colored Pens (Erasable - Pilot FriXion Style works great)
- Pencils (Mechanical okay)
- Pencil Sharpener
- Expo Markers (Low-Odor only)
If you are having difficulties logging onto the Internet at home with your iPad, please click on the following link to download troubleshooting directions.
- Tech Repair Ticket - Click on this link to report any technical issues you are having with your iPad.
Illuminate is a web-based program that teachers use as a grade book as well as generate report cards. Students and parents will be able to review current progress reports and assignments on Illuminate via the following portal. The student portal is set up, students simply need to go to Clever on their iPads and then click on the Illuminate icon.
The parents should access their student's records on Illuminate weekly to review grades and make sure students are turning in their assignments.
I hope everyone finds this portal helpful.
- Ana - 10/5
- Reid - 10/29
Fern Drive Song
Click on this link for the lyrics to our school theme song:
You’re a Gold Ribbon School
We're a gold ribbon school
We are friendly and cool
We work hard and we aim for the best
Our teachers are great
Our families - top rate
We soar into deep falcon pride
We are safe and on time
Always ready to learn
Respect is the name of our game
So with all we do
We love our school
Keep your eye on the Falcon Pride
Music to theme song