WELCOME TO FIRST GRADE- Mrs. White, Room 6
Welcome to the wonderful world of First Grade! I am looking forward to working with you and your child. This is my 28th year teaching first grade here. I will tell you more about myself at Back to School Night, Wednesday, August 24th.
A few things to know at the beginning of the year (I will also send a letter home the first week).
1. PLEASE send your child a water bottle. This saves time spent at the drinking fountain! We have water filling stations at the school.
2. We have PE on Tuesday and Friday. On those days especially, please make sure your child wears closed-toed shoes- tennis shoes are the best.
3. Your child can pick up breakfast in the morning before school. The school offers free lunch and breakfast. If possible, please send him or her with a snack for our morning snack recess at 10:20 a.m. If you prefer to send your child with a lunch from home, please also include a snack for morning recess.
SUGGESTED SUPPLY LIST
- small pencil box with child's name labeled on it
- 24 pack of crayons
- 2-3 glue sticks
- 3-4 sharpened pencils
- eraser ("block"- not the ones that go on the top of the pencil)
- black Sharpie (fine tip and regular)
- 2-3 dry erase pen
*****IF YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO PROVIDE THESE ITEMS FOR YOUR CHILD, THE SCHOOL WILL SUPPLY THEM FOR HIM OR HER.
CLASSROOM "WISH LIST" ITEMS
- white cardstock
- black Sharpies (fine tip and regular)
- hand sanitizer
- everyday paper plates (Inexpensive white ones from Dollar Tree is great)!
- Avery 5160 address labels
- blue painters tape