- Fern Drive Elementary
Dress Code Reminders
Hello Fern Families!
With the warmer weather, we wanted to remind all families about the dress code. Thank you for your support!!!
From the Fern Drive Handbook, pages 9-10:
Fern Drive encourages students to dress appropriately for school, noting that when students are neatly attired and take pride in their appearance, good behavior and a better learning environment result. The purpose of the student dress and grooming regulations is to encourage students to come to school properly prepared for participation in the educational process.
Students are prohibited from wearing the following clothing:
- ‘Spaghetti strap’ tank tops (shoulder straps must be at least 2 inches wide).
- Short tops/shirts that expose the midriff.
- Extremely short shorts.
- Unsafe footwear, such as sandals and flip-flops with open toes and open heels such as “jellies”, Crocs, ‘Heely’ type tennis shoes (with or without wheels). Students are expected to wear appropriate shoes during any spirit/dress up days as well.
- Hats/beanies may be worn outside, not in the classroom. Wide brim (baseball) hats must be worn with the brim in the front. Hats/beanies are not allowed to be worn inside.
- Any item that is obscene. Including drugs, alcohol, cigarattes, vapor cigarettes, or violent logos.
- Any item that is libelous.
- Any item that incites students to create a clear and present danger of unlawful acts at school.
- Any item that incites students to create a danger or the disruption of the orderly operation of the school.
- No excessive baggie clothing (shirt or pant).
- For the safety of the children, no large hoop earrings or earrings that dangle past 1 inch or ‘plug’ or ‘spike’ type earrings that hang down in front or back.
Any student who comes to school without proper attention to personal cleanliness or appropriateness of dress will be required to call his/her parents in order to attain appropriate attire.