Welcome to 1st Grade
Hello there and WELCOME! My name is Tiffany Mumma and I am really excited to be your child’s 1st grade teacher! It is my hope that this year will be an incredible learning adventure!
This is my 23nd year of teaching in Fullerton and my 13th year at Acacia. I’ve taught grades 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th and GATE (3rd, 4th and 5th.) I graduated with a BA in English from CSUF. From Hope University, I received my teaching credential, GATE Certification and a MA in Education.
I believe that all students can learn and be successful. I believe that each student is special and has their own set of abilities and talents and I look forward to discovering these. I believe in giving students new opportunities that are engaging and will encourage growth.
Since your child’s education is a partnership, I value communication. Please contact me for ANY questions or concerns that you may have.
Thank you so much for the privilege of teaching your child! Again, this will be a fantastic year!
Voluntary Student Supply List:
• Headphones - for your child to use for iPad devices
• Glue Sticks (.77 oz) ELMER’S OR UHU pack (yellow wrapper) WE USE ALOT OF GLUE!
• 1 Box of Crayons (16 or 24)
• 1 Box Markers wide and 1 box thin (Crayola are best)
• Black Sharpie
- Expo Marker
Boys: 1 Box Ziplock Gallon Bags 1 Box of Kleenex
Girls: 1 Box Ziplock Sandwich Bags 1 package Baby Wipes (No Clorox)
Note: no flair markers or pencil box needed in Rm 11 (I provide a pencil pouch for each student)
General Class Needs
• Glue Sticks - as the year moves forward we typically need more
• Copy Paper
Special Project Needs by Month: (TBA)
• Astrobright Copy Paper - (multi color)
• Colored Pencils - 24+ is best - (we use colored pencils the most and it's nice for students to have more than the usual 10)