Raymond Rules of Conduct
Raymond Raccoons are expected to be:
Really Safe Ready to Learn
These expectations are to be followed before, during and after school in all areas of the school such as: Classrooms, Playground, Lunch Tables, Restrooms, Hallways, Library/Media Center, Multi-Purpose Room/Assemblies and Office including Health Office.
Electronic Devices at School
Students may not bring toys or electronic devices to school and we strongly recommend no cell phones at the elementary level. If your student must bring a cell phone to school, it must be turned off, powered down, and put away at all times while on campus. The school is not responsible for lost or damaged cell phones. Phones within eyesight of a school official or phones that disrupt learning will be confiscated, and parents will be required to pick up the phone from the principal. Phones left on, will result in an office discipline referral (ODR). If a student needs to use a phone during school hours, they must report to the office and use the office phone.
Student Dress Code
“The board of trustees believes that appropriate dress and grooming contribute to a productive learning environment.” Dress hairstyle, or make-up that are of a distracting nature or interfere with the study habits of students in the class or school are not acceptable at Raymond School.
The following are not considered appropriate, safe attire for students at Raymond School:
- open-toes or backless shoes
- hoop, dangling or stretching earrings
- clothing that does not cover underwear or does not fully cover chest or stomach area
- (ie: spaghetti straps or midriff tops, short shorts)
- shorts, skirts and dresses should not be shorter than extended arms length
- make-up or artificial nails
- gang attire or clothing that displays logo for tobacco, alcohol, drugs, profanity
- oversized or excessively large clothing
- clothing that displays illustrations and/or language degrading a race, religion or gender
Students are allowed to wear hats to school in an effort to protect children from hazards related to exposure to the sun. Raymond Elementary hat policy is intended for outdoor use only as “sun protection.” Hats are to be worn properly, forward facing and need to be removed when entering a building. Hats must meet all other dress policy requirements regarding displays of appropriate illustrations, language and symbols.