Homework/Makeup Work Board Policy 6154
- Board approved on October 26, 2010.
- Includes Board expectations that students are routinely assigned homework.
- Ensures that school sites develop and implement an effective homework plan.
- Students will have the opportunity complete missed work, due to excused or unexcused absences, as long as the assignments and/or tests are satisfactorily completed within a reasonable period of time.
Homework/Makeup Work Administrative Regulation 6154To implement Board Policy 6154, Administrative Regulation 6154 addresses certain areas regarding homework.
- Parent whose child could not complete homework should provide school with written documentation, including amount of time spent on the assignment, and reasons as to why their child could not complete the homework.
- Teachers can follow up with parents who wish to be contacted.