The ASES program aligns with the FSD Volunteer Policy. We welcome Tier I and Tier II Volunteers in our program. Please see the steps below:
Step 1: Determine the Tier of Volunteer Service:
- Tier I - One time volunteer: NO APPLICATION REQUIRED.
- Tier II - Limited Student Contact: REQUIRES APPLICATION + TB Risk Assessment.
- Has contact with students under the constant supervision of FSD staff.
- Must sign-in at school using Raptor, submit a volunteer application, and submit TB risk assessment.
- Tier III - Volunteer: REQUIRES APPLICATION AND LIVE SCAN FINGERPRINTING.
- Primarily supervised by FSD staff while in contact with students, but may have a brief period of working alone with students (examples: field trips. overnight field trips, escorting small groups of students on campus, etc.).
- Must sign-in at school using Raptor, submit a volunteer application, submit TB risk assessment, and have a clearance of Live Scan Fingerprints through the DOJ and FBI.
Step 2: Review and Sign Paperwork
Step 3: Submit paperwork to the ASES Program Site Lead for approval.