Answers to Questions About Free and Reduced-Price Meals

When can I fill out an application for the next school year?
Do I need to fill out a new application every year?
Can I fill out an application online?
Where can I get an application?
Where do I turn in my application?
Can someone drop off my application for me?
When is the deadline for turning in an application?
Does last year's application carry over into the new year?
How long does it take to process my application after your office receives it?
Other school districts don't use this type of computer application. Why does Fullerton School District use it?
Should I complete one application per child?
How can I get an application?
Do I have to pay full-price for their meals until the application has been processed?
Does the District automatically mail applications to all students each year?
Do you accept applications for Fullerton Joint Union High School District?
My child transferred to the Fullerton School District from another school district. Can you just transfer the information from that district so I don't have to fill out an application?
Do I have to provide my Social Security Number?
What is the Privacy Act regarding the National School Lunch Program?
Do I have to list all of my household's income, or can I just write an amount that I know will qualify my students for free meals?
How will I know the results of my application?
My family is homeless. We live in a car/shelter/motel/park or have made other living arrangements while we don't have a permanent home. How can we get help?
What is verification?
Is it possible to be chosen for verification more than once?
How can I complain about the verification results?

Non Discrimination

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3) email:

"This institution is an equal opportunity provider."