For Parents of Fullerton School District Students

Student Meal Accounts

About mySchoolBucks

Parents who choose to make payments by credit card can use mySchoolBucks to put funds into their students' meal accounts. This service is offered as a convenience for parents, and the cost of providing this service is paid by the parents by way of membership fees or transaction fees. Fees - English and Spanish Korean. Toll-free help link for parents: 855-832-5226.

Managing Student Meal Accounts

Parents may put money in their student's meal account at any time depending on the method they choose.

fruitsParents can view their student's meal account balance by setting up a FREE mySchoolBucks account,, or pay by cash or check in the school office. Use a pre-payment envelope available in the school office or print one using the following template on a No. 10 standard business envelope.

Parents who have written "bounced checks" may be denied the privilege of paying by check for their students' meal accounts.

Parents can view a print-out of student meal account balances in their school's office. An up-to-date print-out is made available each week.

Account Balances and Refunds

Money left in students' accounts is carried over from year-to-year for as long as the student remains enrolled in the District. Once the child knows that they are leaving, the parent/guardian may request a refund by using the Meal Account Request Form or they should ask that the funds be transferred to a sibling's account. It is important to note that refunds must be requested within one year of the student's departure from the District. To request the transfer by phone, call the Nutrition Office at 714-447-7435.

"Low-Balance Letters" are sent home with students each week when a student's meal account balance falls below the total cost of one week's worth of meal payments. Please check the date of the letter to see if the letter was delayed in reaching you. You may have made a payment, and the low-balance letter was printed before the payment was applied. If you don't want to receive low-balance letters, either request a refund of the amount in your student's meal account OR bring the balance up to at least one week's total meal payments so your child will have funds in the account in case they forget their lunch/don't bring money one day.

Parental Responsibility

potatoesIt is the parent's responsibility to make sure that the student has enough money (cash or in account) to buy food each day OR bring a lunch from home. Even if a child is only short by five cents, the school will not loan money to the student. (See the 2015-2016 District Handbook.) Why? More than 14,000 students are enrolled in the District. At 5 cents per student per school day, the cost would exceed $126,000 each school year in student loans.

Per District policy, the District does not loan money to children or parents at any time.

Transaction reports for student meal accounts can be requested at any time during the school year. Information is available only for the current school year. Transaction reports must be requested before the school year ends. To request a transaction report, send an email to Amy Ching specifying the student's name, school, and Student ID Number. Please allow two weeks for processing your request.

Households with low-income can apply for free or reduced-price meals by completing an application and submitting it to the Nutrition Office (follow the instructions and fill-out the form completely). Meal Benefit Applications are available each school year after July 1st. Check the Nutrition Services webpage for the most up-to-date information about application availability.

Junior High Menu

Junior high school students are able to buy a la carte items. The items are typically charged as "miscellaneous", "entree", etc., and students either pay cash for these items or they are charged to the student's meal account. Students may make purchases up to the balance remaining in their accounts. Accounts are not restricted, so parents and students should discuss how the meal account funds are to be used. Students may purchase more than one meal/entree/beverage/etc. each day. To view these purchases, use your myschoolbucks account. The junior high menu is available on the Nutrition Services webpage under "Menus".

Questions about meal applications? Click here.

mySchoolBucks Accounts

my school bucks linkParents may put money in their student's meal account 24 hours a day, 7 days a week using Parents should remember that payments take up to two school days to be applied to their student's account. See above for links to documents regarding fees for using this service.

Automatic payments may be set up in mySchoolBucks. They can be set up as monthly or weekly automatic payments, and they can also be set up to pay if the student's account drops below a set amount.

Users may set up a free account if they only want to view the student's balance and transactions. A free account does not permit the user to make payments on students' accounts. If a user wants to be able to make payments on an account, they will be required to pay a fee based on the terms defined at

Questions and Answers about mySchoolBucks:
Who do I call if I'm having trouble with my account?
Why are fees charged for using this service?
How can I avoid paying for this service?
Does the money in my child's account carry over from year-to-year?
Can the funds be transferred from my student's account at this District to his/her account at another district?
I'm seeing the word "Heartland" on my statements instead of mySchoolBucks. What does that mean?

Non Discrimination

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3) email:

"This institution is an equal opportunity provider."